Animal Protection of New Mexico, Inc. (APNM) is seeking a qualified full-time Wildlife Campaigns Manager who will report to the Executive Director. The Campaigns Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of APNM’s wildlife campaigns, including research, organizing/outreach, coalition-building, media, organizing support for appropriate policy changes, and managing the maintenance of all publications relevant to this work. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing comprehensive campaign plans.
Preferred candidates will:
• have a Bachelors of Science degree in Wildlife Biology or a Wildlife-related degree;
• have at least two years (preferably more) experience planning, organizing and implementing campaigns aimed at changing public policy on wildlife issues;
• have excellent speaking and writing skills, as well as effective communication practices;
• have experience in building and maintaining effective broad-based coalitions;
• have experience in internet research, and using Microsoft Word, Excel, and other commonly used software programs;
• have excellent organizational skills and be able to work on a multitude of projects and responsibilities at once (i.e. work well under pressure);
• be able to work with a diverse constituency.
Candidates must also be self-confident, self-motivated and team-oriented.
This full-time position includes a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), and a generous health care package that is entirely paid for by APNM. Self-motivated candidates could work from a home office if they prefer.
Send cover letter and résumé to Elisabeth Jennings, Executive Director, Animal Protection of New Mexico, Inc., P.O. Box 11395, Albuquerque, N.M. 87192, or email resumé as attached Word document to ElisJenn@aol.com.
Animal Protection of New Mexico (APNM) is a 26-year old statewide not-for-profit organization advocating the rights of animals by changing the systems that cause and allow animal suffering.