Closing date: March 31, 2014
Animal Protection of New Mexico, Inc. (APNM), a 35-year-old non-profit animal advocacy organization based in Albuquerque, is seeking a full-time Finance Director. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for the organization's adherence to sound financial policies, practices and fiscal accountability.
Scope of Position:
- Ensure the creation, implementation and maintenance of effective and effiient accounting systems and other financial functions, policies and practices, including all aspects of banking, cash transaction processing, cash management (including forecasting, short-term investment), payroll and employee benefits, keeping of the books, allocations, tax and other governmental reporting, financial and tax planning, audit preparation and process, and preparation of reports, tax returns and financial analysis as needed.
- Ensure staff and contractors properly implement financial, accounting and tax-related policies and practices by providing and/or ensuring training and guidance needed for success.
- Oversee others who perform bookkeeping and enter data into other accounting-related systems.
- College degree required, with at least five years relevant experience in non-profit financial management and tax preparation. CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Computer-literate and experienced in using a variety of computer software including e- mail, Excel, Quickbooks, Word, financial and tax software.
- Experience with effective staff management
- Ability to assess problems, identify issues and articulate potential solutions
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate and work with a diverse constituency
- Desire to work in and support a team environment and its goals
- Ability to recognize, plan and implement changes needed in policies and practices
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, sound listening skills
- Highly organized, flexible to changes in work priorities and circumstances, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
A competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous health benefits package are offered.
Only qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resumé to Elisabeth Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31, 2014.